Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Easter Sweets







Since the sweets at Easter were such a great hit I decided to post them on my blog. I made Cream Lemon Bars and individual Flower Pot Dirt Cakes. I found these wonderful lemon bars on a blog I check almost everyday, The Pioneer Woman. http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ As far as the dirt cakes go, I enjoyed these as a kid and thought it would be a really nice surprise for everyone. I cut out a round piece of pound cake for the bottom so that the filling would not leak out. I then proceeded to layer the "dirt" or Oreo cookies and the chocolate and vanilla pudding mixtures until it reached the top. I also layered gummy worms for a secret surprise. At the top I inserted a straw that I cut to fit the flower pots and inserted a silk flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, my name is Jessica. I have a small cake business. I love creating new and exciting cakes for my friends and family. If you are interested in a cake please let me know, I would love to create something special for your occasion.