Friday, February 5, 2010

Wild and Crazy Zebra







I am so excited about this cake. Some old family friends (Alex and Sabrina) contacted me to do there little brothers wedding cake. When I met with the blushing bride she also asked if I would do her shower cake as well. When she showed me the picture I was a little scared since it had fondant and I have never used fondant before, but I am never scared of a challenge!! I am sooooooooo thrilled how it turned out. I also took the steamer and steamed the cake so that the fondant shined. I knew watching Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss would come in handy one day!!!
This cake is a white cake with strawberry filling, butter cream icing and then the zebra stripes are made out of fondant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
If you don't already know me, my name is Jessica. I have a small cake business. I love creating new and exciting cakes for my friends and family. If you are interested in a cake please let me know, I would love to create something special for your occasion.